Thursday, June 24, 2010

She's pleased...? Okay then.

A lil' background so this post makes sense... My last cycle (Round 2 of Clomid w/ Doctor Puffy Lips) produced 7 (yes, seven) follicles of sufficient size to ovulate; CD21 P4 testing confirmed O, along with my always handy BBT charting. Temps stayed elevated for longer than normal, and AF showed up 2 days late. In the meantime, I was getting these pesky faint lines on 3 different brands of HPTs, day after day... a line is a line is a line, right? Not so much. They wouldn't get darker & I've peed on waaaay too many of those suckers to believe a faint line when I see one.

So I haven't felt really well about my treatment thus far w/ Dr. Puffy Lips... he'd been my OBGYN for years & treated me through my ectopic. I like him fine, however he wouldn't listen to my concerns, refused to do any hormonal testing & thought a referral to a "real" RE was a waste of time when HE could treat me. I dragged my feet a bit but finally met w/ a real RE & am very glad I did! I felt so comfortable w/ Nurse Bosom & Nurse Freckles... they actually know WTF they are talking about... pretty fabulous if you ask me. Nurse Bosom thought it was horridly irresponsible that Dr. Puffy Lips was happy about medicating an already ovulating woman to produce 7 follicles...what if by some odds I'd gotten knocked up w/ 7 babies!?

And back around to the point. When I met w/ the Nurses Freckles & Bosom, they insisted on hCG blood testing & no treatment this cycle based on my reports of those pesky faint lines. So she called me back today & said I definately had had a chemical pregnancy. It was really sweet how nice she was being... almost like she thought I was gonna bust out in tears when she told me. I do appreciate the sensitivity though... it's nice to know that they aren't cold. But if a baby had survived these last few days... I would have been quite surprised. I am, however, surprised I haven't needed a transfusion... get where I'm going with this?

Anywho... Nurse Bosom said she was pleased with the chemical pg. I'm like huh? She said it meant I could concieve and that was good news. Okay then. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that, but I think it's a good thing, gives me hope. This is only the 2nd cycle after my HSG in April (1 tube (now?) open, 1 blocked), so I can only think things are looking up... after our ectopic 2 years ago... there has been nothing but disappointment, I'm about ready for some good news, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment